- cut short; short; stubby.
- irritable; impatient; short-tempered.
- a short spoon.
- a short-stemmed tobacco pipe.
- Informal. an immoral or worthless woman.
Origin of cutty
Examples from the Web for cutty
Historical Examples of cutty
I suppose that would do; but we shall do this by a company, Cutty.
What do you think of this cause of ours, Cutty; how does it look to your eyes?
He was sucking a cutty pipe, but seemed unable to extract any smoke from it.Wild Wales
He sighed, and taking up his cutty, he laid his forefinger over it.
"No, of course not; they did not suppose that I saw them either," said he, and began to light his cutty.
- short or cut short
- something cut short, such as a spoon or short-stemmed tobacco pipe
- an immoral girl or woman (in Scotland used as a general term of abuse for a woman)
- a short thickset girl