- a substance that has a toxic effect on certain cells.
Origin of cytotoxin
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- poisonous to living cells: denoting certain drugs used in the treatment of leukaemia and other cancers
- any substance that is poisonous to living cells
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for cytotoxic
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Of, relating to, or producing a toxic effect on cells.
- A substance having a specific toxic effect on certain cells.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.