- of or relating to demography, the science of vital and social statistics.
- a single vital or social statistic of a human population, as the number of births or deaths.
- a specific segment of a population having shared characteristics: The producers were looking for a show that would appeal to the 18-34 demographic.
Origin of demographic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019
Examples from the Web for demographical
Historical Examples of demographical
So far as demographical information furnishes these tests it is of the highest value.Folkways
William Graham Sumner
- of or relating to demography
- a section of the population sharing common characteristics, such as age, sex, class, etc
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Of or relating to demography.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.