- action aided or caused by the devil; sorcery; witchcraft.
- the character or condition of a devil.
- a doctrine concerning devils.
- a belief in or worship of devils.
Words nearby diabolism
OTHER WORDS FROM diabolismdi·ab·o·list, noun
Examples from the Web for diabolism
Diabolism advanced in the same proportion with the authority of the Church and the ignorant submission of the people.The Superstitions of Witchcraft|Howard Williams
A wizard was understandable; but this was diabolism beyond sanity.
I escaped from the devil-haunted pits of Belverus, and from diabolism in the mountains.
They are the logic of Bedlam, the morality of the pirate ship, the diabolism of the pit.No Compromise with Slavery|William Lloyd Garrison
Strange that a devil has to break down a door like a common man; but after all, his strength itself is a diabolism.'The Devil in Iron|Robert E. Howard
British Dictionary definitions for diabolism
- activities designed to enlist the aid of devils, esp in witchcraft or sorcery
- worship of devils or beliefs and teachings concerning them
- the nature of devils