- containing the diazo group.
Origin of diazo
- a combining form with the meaning “diazo group,” used in the formation of compound words: diazomethane.
Origin of diazo-
Examples from the Web for diazo
Historical Examples of diazo
It is usually desirable to keep the solutions cool with ice, owing to the very unstable nature of the diazo compounds produced.
The dyed colour here plays the part of a phenol or amine, and reacts with the diazo compound to produce a new colour.
For this purpose it is usually only necessary to prepare a solution containing the diazo compound.
Diazo compounds are therefore important intermediate substances in the manufacture of azo dyes.
The diazo compounds formed on the fibre are not very stable bodies.The Dyeing of Cotton Fabrics
- of, consisting of, or containing the divalent group, =N:N, or the divalent group, -N:N-diazo compound See also azo
- Also: dyeline of or relating to the reproduction of documents using the bleaching action of ultraviolet radiation on diazonium salts
- a document produced by this method