- to make known; reveal or uncover: to disclose a secret.
- to cause to appear; allow to be seen; lay open to view: In spring the violets disclose their fragrant petals.
- Obsolete. to open up; unfold.
- Obsolete. disclosure.
Origin of disclose
Synonyms for disclose
Antonyms for disclose
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for discloser
Historical Examples of discloser
The secret history of Surrey was at length revealed, and the gravity of its discloser vouched for its authenticity.Amenities of Literature
- to make (information) known
- to allow to be seen; lay bare
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper