- having the joints or connections separated: a disjointed fowl.
- disconnected; incoherent: a disjointed discourse.
- Entomology. disjunct(def 3).
Origin of disjointed
SynonymsSee more synonyms for disjointed on Thesaurus.com
2. rambling, confused, chaotic, disordered.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for disjointedness
Emerson quotes many of his sayings, not one of them worth preserving, all marked by a kind of violence and disjointedness.The Last Harvest
- having no coherence; disconnected
- separated at the joint
Word Origin and History for disjointedness
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper