- a confused state of things; muddle; tangle.
- a fight.
Origin of mix-up
Related Words for mix-upturmoil, botch, mess, commotion, chaos, muddle, shambles, jumble, tangle, disorder, mistake
Examples from the Web for mix-up
Historical Examples of mix-up
It seemed as if I remember Warren and Pearson in some sort of mix-up.Cap'n Warren's Wards
Joseph C. Lincoln
I saw you, and Phil, and Sing in a mix-up and I hurried along.The Spoilers of the Valley
I was thrown down in the mix-up, but fortunately escaped unharmed.Ox-Team Days on the Oregon Trail
It was my mix-up with that Blenmont aggregation that stirs me up.
It's been put up to me to keep time an' referee this mix-up, and I don't want no help.
- a confused condition or situation
- informal a fight
- to make into a mixtureto mix up ingredients
- to confuse or confoundTom mixes John up with Bill
- (often passive) to put (someone) into a state of confusionI'm all mixed up
- (foll by in or with; usually passive) to involve (in an activity or group, esp one that is illegal)why did you get mixed up in that drugs racket?
- mix it up US and Canadian informal to fight