- lacking organization or in confusion; disarranged.
- suffering from or afflicted with a physical or mental disorder: a disordered liver.
Origin of disordered
Synonyms for disorderedSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
- lack of order or regular arrangement; confusion: Your room is in utter disorder.
- an irregularity: a disorder in legal proceedings.
- breach of order; disorderly conduct; public disturbance.
- a disturbance in physical or mental health or functions; malady or dysfunction: a mild stomach disorder.
- to destroy the order or regular arrangement of; disarrange.
- to derange the physical or mental health or functions of.
Origin of disorder
Synonyms for disorderSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for disorderedmoved, confused, tousled, roiled, muddled, unsettled, disjointed, removed, displaced, disconnected, mislaid, discombobulated, tangled, deranged, disorganized, jumbled, misplaced, ruffled, discontinuous, incoherent
Examples from the Web for disordered
Contemporary Examples of disordered
Eating disorders, researchers believed, were essentially more severe forms of disordered eating.
Disordered eating is also linked to higher rates of depression and anxiety, both in the present and in the future.
Having to go to bed and wake up earlier can be harder for autistic children, too, who tend to have disordered sleep.Autism's Back-to-School Anxiety
September 24, 2011
Historical Examples of disordered
Hope looked round in despair, then glanced at her own disordered garments.Malbone
Thomas Wentworth Higginson
If he amputate the disordered member, it is to save the life.Female Scripture Biographies, Vol. I
Francis Augustus Cox
Her pocket was turned inside out and the front of her dress was disordered.The Avenger
E. Phillips Oppenheim
Through his eyes, unblurred by the tears that disordered my vision!Poems
William D. Howells
Children can only acquire strength gradually with their proper growth, which will always be impeded if the stomach is disordered.
- a lack of order; disarray; confusion
- a disturbance of public order or peace
- an upset of health; ailment
- a deviation from the normal system or order
- to upset the order of; disarrange; muddle
- to disturb the health or mind of
1520s, from disorder (v.).
- A disturbance or derangement that affects the function of mind or body.
- To disturb the normal physical or mental health of; disturb or derange.