- lack of proportion; lack of proper relationship in size, number, etc.: architectural disproportions.
- something out of proportion: the disproportions of an awkward body.
- to make disproportionate.
Origin of disproportion
Related Words for disproportioninsufficiency, inadequacy, asymmetry, discrepancy, disparity, inequality, unevenness, difference, irregularity, lopsidedness, imparity
Examples from the Web for disproportion
Contemporary Examples of disproportion
Comparisons are complicated, but the disproportion is overwhelming.Accomplices to Murder
April 5, 2009
Historical Examples of disproportion
Only one soul saved out of every six—how fearful was the disproportion!
Moreover, his feelings were hurt by the disproportion of their respective ages.
And do you consider truth to be akin to proportion or to disproportion?
And once more, the inharmonious and unseemly nature can only tend to disproportion?
In all cities the disproportion is greater than in the country.The Physical Life of Woman:
Dr. George H Napheys
- lack of proportion or equality
- an instance of disparity or inequality
- (tr) to cause to become exaggerated or unequal