- the action of driving by a specified locality, object, etc.: a drive-by of Nelson's Monument.
- a drive-by shooting: The gang member was killed in a drive-by.
- consisting of or featuring a drive-by: We boarded the sightseeing bus for a drive-by tour of the nation's capital.
- occurring while driving past a person, object, etc.: a drive-by shooting.
- casual; superficial; offhand: a drive-by news analysis.
- involving a brief stay in a hospital, clinic, etc.: a drive-by mastectomy.
Origin of drive-by
Examples from the Web for drive-by
Contemporary Examples of drive-by
On Sept. 7, 1996, Tupac was targeted and killed in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas.Rapper Bobby Shmurda Arrested at New York’s Notorious Quad Studios
December 17, 2014
The archaeologists I did connect with were not interested in drive-by interviews.The Real-Life Raiders of the Lost Ark
November 14, 2014
A suicide bomber with cold feet, a road machinery operator with a vengeance and drive-by shooters have Israelis on edge.As Gaza War Comes Home to Israel, a Reluctant Suicide Bomber Emerges
August 4, 2014
More, his drive-by shouting has had the complete adverse effect, building into the most unlikely of successful comedy careers.How 'Billy on the Street' Star Billy Eichner Turned Screaming at Strangers Into Comedy Gold
March 12, 2014
A week earlier, a drive-by shooting had rocked that same neighborhood, taking five lives and injuring four.Keeping Tabs on Obama’s Church Attendance Is No Way to Gauge His Faith
January 5, 2014