- a bucket or canvas bag used as a sea anchor.
- a funnel-shaped device attached to the end of a hose on a tanker aircraft for connecting with the probe of another aircraft to be refueled in flight.
- drogue parachute(def 1).
Origin of drogue
Examples from the Web for drogue
Historical Examples of drogue
Beyond it he could see the gleaming metal ribbons of the drogue chute.The Quantum Jump
"I wish to make known to you that I am of your party, Mr. Drogue," she whispered.
"You have a fine mare, Mr. Drogue," said she, gently caressing Kaya with her naked heels.
Fortunately, also, he was gliding down on the side opposite to that on which floated the “drogue.”The Ocean Waifs
When the boat of the Red Eric came up to the whale was the drogue still attached to it?The Red Eric
- any funnel-like device, esp one of canvas, used as a sea anchor
- a small parachute released behind a jet aircraft to reduce its landing speed
- a small parachute released before a heavier main parachute during the landing of a spacecraft
- a device towed behind an aircraft as a target for firing practice
- a funnel-shaped device on the end of the refuelling hose of a tanker aircraft, to assist stability and the location of the probe of the receiving aircraft
- another name for windsock