DO YOU KNOW THIS VOCABULARY FROM "THE HANDMAID'S TALE"?
Words nearby dropt
Definition for dropt (2 of 2)
- liquid medicine given in a dose or form of globules from a medicine dropper.
- a solution for dilating the pupils of the eyes, administered to the eyes in globules by a medicine dropper.
verb (used without object), dropped or dropt, drop·ping.
verb (used with object), dropped or dropt, drop·ping.
- to throw, shoot, hit, kick, or roll (a ball, puck, etc.) through or into a basket, hole, or other goal: He dropped the ball through the basket for two points.
- to lose (a game or contest): They dropped two games in a row and were eliminated from the tournament.
- to drop-kick (a ball).
- to score with a drop kick.
- to fall asleep.
- to decrease; decline: Sales have dropped off drastically.
- to withdraw from being a member or participant: to drop out of a club; to drop out of society and become a wanderer.
- to stop attending school or college.
Origin of drop
OTHER WORDS FROM dropdrop·like, adjectiveun·dropped, adjective
Example sentences from the Web for dropt
Sir Wycherly now dropt his knife and fork, and sat gazing at the speaker in amazement.The Two Admirals|J. Fenimore Cooper
The wind gradually increasing, the crew of the King's ship got more cables, and dropt a fifth anchor.
Sadie shrieked with pain, but she dropt her revolver and Mike pocketed it.Dorothy Dixon Wins Her Wings|Dorothy Wayne
Mr. Dyce says here "something has dropt out," the line being a foot short, I have supplied 'I've lost.'
On the morning they came back in search of the bodies of those who had dropt.
British Dictionary definitions for dropt
verb drops, dropping or dropped
Word Origin for drop
Medical definitions for dropt
Idioms and Phrases with dropt
In addition to the idioms beginning with drop
- drop a bombshell
- drop a brick
- drop a dime
- drop a line
- drop back
- drop behind
- drop by
- drop dead
- drop in one's tracks
- drop in someone's lap
- drop in the bucket
- drop like a hot potato
- drop like flies
- drop names
- drop off
- drop out
- drop the ball
- at the drop of a hat
- bottom drops out of
- get the drop on
- hear a pin drop
- let drop
- wait for the other shoe to drop