Words nearby easiest
Definition for easiest (2 of 2)
adjective, eas·i·er, eas·i·est.
- (of a commodity) not difficult to obtain; in plentiful supply and often weak in price.
- (of the market) not characterized by eager demand.
- (of a bilge) formed in a long curve so as to make a gradual transition between the bottom and sides of a vessel; slack.
- (of the run of a hull) having gently curved surfaces leading from the middle body to the stern; not abrupt.
Origin of easy
SYNONYMS FOR easy
OTHER WORDS FROM easyeas·y·like, adjectiveo·ver·eas·y, adjective
Examples from the Web for easiest
And it might be easiest of all imagining him “exploring” a candidacy for a while and then deciding the hell with it.
But I will say the hardest to play for me—well, one of the easiest to improvise, but also the hardest character is Liz.
One of the easiest ways to determine if a study is even worth discussing is to see where it was actually published, if at all.
The problem, as many an emperor could confirm, is that culminating points are easiest to identify in retrospect.
Drinks are one of the easiest ways to take in excess calories, sugar and fat.
By these means, he gets the general divisions in the easiest and most expeditious way.Lectures on Art|Washington Allston
To justify this she should have been engaged on some particular task of the needle, easiest performed when seated.When Ghost Meets Ghost|William Frend De Morgan
Giving information to a telepath is the easiest thing in the world.Highways in Hiding|George Oliver Smith
They say that it is not the easiest task in the world to fan a lively flame in the bosom of a cousin.Henrietta Temple|Benjamin Disraeli
I am convinced that the easiest business in the world must be the writing of epigrams on Woman.The Patient Observer|Simeon Strunsky
British Dictionary definitions for easiest
adjective easier or easiest
- readily obtainable
- (of a market) characterized by low demand or excess supply with prices tending to fallCompare tight (def. 10)
- to use in moderation
- to treat leniently
- to avoid stress or undue hurry
- to remain calm; not become agitated or angry
verb easies, easying or easied
Word Origin for easy
usage for easy
Idioms and Phrases with easiest
In addition to the idioms beginning with easy
- easy as pie
- easy come, easy go
- easy does it
- easy money
- easy on the eyes
- easy sledding
- easy street, on
- breathe easy
- free and easy
- get off (easy)
- go easy
- let someone down easy
- on easy street
- take it easy