- nervously irritable; impatient and anxious.
- sharp-edged; sharply defined, as outlines.
- daringly innovative; on the cutting edge.
Origin of edgy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for edgily
Once edgily shocking, the show now feels rich with pathos and poignancy.Who Will Win the Tony Awards?
June 7, 2014
- (usually postpositive) nervous, irritable, tense, or anxious
- (of paintings, drawings, etc) excessively defined
- innovative, or at the cutting edge, with the concomitant qualities of intensity and excitement
Word Origin and History for edgily
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper