- nervously irritable; impatient and anxious.
- sharp-edged; sharply defined, as outlines.
- daringly innovative; on the cutting edge.
Origin of edgy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for edgily
Contemporary Examples of edgily
Once edgily shocking, the show now feels rich with pathos and poignancy.Who Will Win the Tony Awards?
June 7, 2014
- (usually postpositive) nervous, irritable, tense, or anxious
- (of paintings, drawings, etc) excessively defined
- innovative, or at the cutting edge, with the concomitant qualities of intensity and excitement
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper