- unduly demonstrative; lacking reserve: effusive greetings; an effusive person.
- pouring out; overflowing.
- Geology. extrusive(def 3).
Origin of effusive
Related Words for effusivenessliveliness, elation, buoyancy, exuberance, gaiety, richness, effervescence, zest, agitation, vitality, excitement, ferment, exhilaration, animation, effusiveness, vivacity, abundance, lavishness, exaggeration, plenitude
Examples from the Web for effusiveness
Historical Examples of effusiveness
She said pleasant little things about him without any effusiveness.A Little Girl in Old Salem
Amanda Minnie Douglas
Jennie received her aunt with cordiality, but not effusiveness.American Cookery
The Dictator was not an effusive man, and effusiveness did not flourish in his presence.The Dictator
It has been said that the General liked the lack of effusiveness of Stephen's reply.The Crisis, Complete
Not less funny was the effusiveness of their affectionate leave-takings.Across Patagonia
Lady Florence Dixie
- extravagantly demonstrative of emotion; gushing
- (of rock) formed by the solidification of magma