- having or regarding the self or the individual as the center of all things: an egocentric philosophy that ignores social causes.
- having little or no regard for interests, beliefs, or attitudes other than one's own; self-centered: an egocentric person; egocentric demands upon the time and patience of others.
- an egocentric person.
Origin of egocentric
Synonyms for egocentricSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Antonyms for egocentric
Related Words for egocentricselfish, self-centered, self-serving, individualistic, pompous, self-absorbed, narcissistic, egoistical, egoistic, individualist, megalomaniac, conceited, egotistic, self-indulgent, stuck-up, vainglorious, egomaniacal, egotistical
Examples from the Web for egocentric
Historical Examples of egocentric
His egotism, or egocentric method, is the fundamental fact about his work.Whitman
It is egocentric and a little inconsiderate of the importance of other people.Colors of Life
If pragmatism is not egocentric, it is at least anthropocentric.A Critical History of Greek Philosophy
W. T. Stace
But you can't take advantage of her in an egocentric, arbitrary way.No Charge for Alterations
Horace Leonard Gold
Both worlds are egocentric, megalomaniac, filled to the full with unbridled human will and desire.Darwin and Modern Science
A.C. Seward and Others
- regarding everything only in relation to oneself; self-centred; selfish
- philosophy pertaining to a theory in which everything is considered in relation to the selfan egocentric universe
- a self-centred person; egotist
Word Origin and History for egocentric
- Marked by extreme concentration of attention upon oneself; self-centered.
Preoccupied with one's own concerns.