- serving to eject.
- Phonetics. (of a voiceless stop, affricate, or fricative) produced with air compressed above the closed glottis.
- Phonetics. an ejective stop, affricate, or fricative.
Origin of ejective
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for ejective
Historical Examples of ejective
It applies with equal felicity to things and persons, to the objective and to the ejective realm.The Meaning of Truth
- relating to or causing ejection
- phonetics (of a plosive or fricative consonant, as in some African languages) pronounced with a glottal stop
- phonetics an ejective consonant
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012