- the phenomena associated with electric and magnetic fields and their interactions with each other and with electric charges and currents.
- Also electromagnetics. the science that deals with these phenomena.
Origin of electromagnetism
Examples from the Web for electromagnetism
Historical Examples of electromagnetism
Oersted, of Copenhagen, made important discoveries in electromagnetism.
If you remember what has been said about sound and electromagnetism it will not be hard to understand.Electricity and Magnetism
Electromagnetism is the name given to magnetism that is developed by electricity.Things a Boy Should Know About Electricity
Thomas M. (Thomas Matthew) St. John
The applied mathematical sciences of light, electricity and electromagnetism, 883 and of heat, were now largely developed.
Experiments have been made on the Paris and Lyons Railway for the application of electromagnetism to locomotives.
- magnetism produced by an electric current
- Also called: electromagnetics the branch of physics concerned with magnetism produced by electric currents and with the interaction of electric and magnetic fields
- Any of the wide range of phenomena associated with the behavior and interaction of electric charges and electric and magnetic fields, such as electricity, magnetism, chemical bonds, and all forms of electromagnetic radiation, including light.