- the act of enjoying.
- the possession, use, or occupancy of anything with satisfaction or pleasure: to have the enjoyment of a large income.
- a particular form or source of pleasure: Hunting is his greatest enjoyment.
- Law. the exercise of a right: the enjoyment of an estate.
Origin of enjoyment
SynonymsSee more synonyms for enjoyment on Thesaurus.com
2. delight, gratification. See pleasure.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for enjoyment
His discourse is now more detailed: submission, which is the meaning of islam in Arabic, gives him a kind of enjoyment.Houellebecq’s Incendiary Novel Imagines France With a Muslim President
January 9, 2015
I am asking you to please join with me to ensure this enjoyment by not revealing any of these answers or other issues.Wait, We Actually LIKE Spoilers!?
October 16, 2014
And food, far from being a source of energy and enjoyment, has become a battleground of guilt and shame and excess and starvation.How the Ministry of Thin Enslaves Women
June 10, 2014
Portion it out over numerous sittings for no other reason than prolonging its enjoyment.This Week’s Hot Reads: March 17, 2014
March 17, 2014
Herewith for your enjoyment and frustration is my list, by category and in no particular order.My Favorite Books of 2013: Jill Lepore, Adelle Waldman, James Salter & More
December 15, 2013
As for the child, he gave himself wholly to the enjoyment of a stick of candy.Other Tales and Sketches
Money means to the traveller not only health, enjoyment, comfort, but knowledge.The Roof of France
Beyond this she had little time for enjoyment, for she had so much work to do.Rico and Wiseli
Weary Willie was the only man of them all who appeared to find any enjoyment in the situation.Chip, of the Flying U
B. M. Bower
The revulsion accentuated her enjoyment of the picturesque aspects of the scene.The Leopard Woman
Stewart Edward White
- the act or condition of receiving pleasure from something
- the use or possession of something that is satisfying or beneficial
- something that provides joy or satisfaction
- the possession or exercise of a legal right
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for enjoyment
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper