- having all the sides equal: an equilateral triangle.
- a figure having all its sides equal.
- a side equivalent, or equal, to others.
Origin of equilateral
Related Words for equilateralrectangular, quadrate, quadratic, equilateral, foursquare, boxlike, boxy, orthogonal, rectilinear, squarish
Examples from the Web for equilateral
Contemporary Examples of equilateral
Equilateral can be read as a parable of the ways we blind ourselves through vanity, love, and greed.
The Khedive of Egypt persuades himself that the success of the equilateral will silence his local political rivals.
Historical Examples of equilateral
These are the equilateral triangle, the square and the regular hexagon.Langstroth on the Hive and the Honey-Bee
L. L. Langstroth
Are you aware, Mr Gascoigne, of the properties of an equilateral triangle?Mr. Midshipman Easy
Captain Frederick Marryat
These are the equilateral triangle, the square, and the regular hexagon.Animal Intelligence
George J. Romanes
Form of the outer shell not a sphere, but a regular octahedron, with eight congruent, equilateral triangular even faces.
Cortical shell hexangular, equilateral, five times as broad as the triangular, Triopyle-shaped medullary shell.
- having all sides of equal lengthan equilateral triangle
- a geometric figure having all its sides of equal length
- a side that is equal in length to other sides
- Having all sides of equal length, as a triangle that is neither scalene nor isosceles.