Origin of equinoctial
Examples from the Web for equinoctial
Historical Examples of equinoctial
For the Equinoctial Circle does not cut the Zodiac at right angles.The Non-Christian Cross
John Denham Parsons
An equinoctial gale was raging, or rather had been raging all day.The First Violin
The "Ranger" had encountered an equinoctial gale in its worst form.The Naval History of the United States
Willis J. Abbot.
I don't know if you remember that equinoctial gale that blew about the 18th or 19th.My New Curate
They will in all probability be caught in the equinoctial gales.Flora Lyndsay
- relating to or occurring at either or both equinoxes
- (of a plant) having flowers that open and close at specific regular times
- astronomy of or relating to the celestial equator
- a storm or gale at or near an equinox
- another name for celestial equator
Word Origin for equinoctial
- Relating to an equinox.
- Relating to the celestial equator.
- See celestial equator.