Origin of equivalent
Synonyms for equivalent
Related Words for equivalentlyfairly, uniformly, justly, equitably, equally, squarely, precisely, proportionately, identically, likewise, coordinately, correspondingly, equivalently, fifty-fifty, impartially, symmetrically, alike, exactly, tied, analogously
Examples from the Web for equivalently
Contemporary Examples of equivalently
Yes, any additional current borrowing must eventually be repaid—or, equivalently, the interest on it must be paid forever.Let's Start Spending
Robert H. Frank
July 20, 2010
Historical Examples of equivalently
The evil of the last days had fallen from him, and the reaction was equivalently violent.A Mere Accident
- having a particular property in common; equal
- (of two equations or inequalities) having the same set of solutions
- (of two sets) having the same cardinal number
Word Origin for equivalent
- Of or relating to a relation between two elements that is reflexive, symmetric, and transitive.
- Having a one-to-one correspondence, as between parts. Two triangles having the same area are equivalent, as are two congruent geometric figures.