- the sexual or erotic quality or character of something.
- the use of sexually arousing or suggestive symbolism, settings, allusions, situations, etc., in art, literature, drama, or the like.
- the condition of being sexually aroused or excited.
- sexual drive or tendency.
- an abnormally persistent sexual drive.
Origin of eroticism
Related Words for erotismeroticism, titillation, lust, lustfulness, prurience, amorousness, concupiscence, passion, arousal, libidinousness
Examples from the Web for erotism
Historical Examples of erotism
In the life of the rural population into which I was plunged everything was impregnated with erotism.Studies in the Psychology of Sex, Volume 6 (of 6)
As Maria's erotism later found satisfaction in her father, her love toward the moon steadily receded.
I have above taken it for granted that Maria's erotism was satisfied through her care for her father.
- erotic quality or nature
- the use of sexually arousing or pleasing symbolism in literature or art
- sexual excitement or desire
- a tendency to exalt sex
- psychol an overt display of sexual behaviour
- Sexual excitement.