- designed to be snuffed into the nose.
- occasioning discharges from the nose.
- a medicine to be snuffed up the nostrils to promote sneezing and increased discharges.
Origin of errhine
Examples from the Web for errhine
Historical Examples of errhine
It is also employed as a sedative and errhine, and in a vast number of other indications.Cooley's Practical Receipts, Volume II
It is now almost solely used as a sternutatory or errhine, and is probably one of the best.
Euphorbium or cayan pepper mixed with sugar, and used with caution as an errhine.Zoonomia, Vol. II
- causing nasal secretion
- an errhine drug or agent
Word Origin for errhine
- Promoting or inducing nasal discharge.
- A medication that promotes or induces such discharge.