- an exhibiting, showing, or presenting to view.
- a public display, as of the work of artists or artisans, the products of farms or factories, the skills of performers, or objects of general interest.
- an exposition or large fair of extended duration, as a world's fair.
- British. an allowance given to a student in a college, university, or school, usually upon the result of a competitive examination.
- Medicine/Medical Obsolete. administration, as of a remedy.
Origin of exhibition
Related Words for exhibitionexhibit, offering, pageant, carnival, fair, show, spectacle, manifestation, advertisement, sight, flash, exposition, representation, front, performance, presentation, display, fireworks, expo, airing
Examples from the Web for exhibition
Contemporary Examples of exhibition
That goes for its contemporary membership roster as well as for the photographers represented in the exhibition.
Moreover, the exhibition begs the question: how do we come to privilege certain images?
Paris Magnum: Exhibition runs from December 12, 2014-March 28, 2015.
The exhibition also provides useful insight into the importance of symbolism, particularly when it comes to religious painting.
Artists like Orsola Maddalena Caccia will be unfamiliar to most, and yet she has six works in the exhibition.
Historical Examples of exhibition
How this picture got into the exhibition must now be explained.Tales And Novels, Volume 3 (of 10)
Alfred Vail undertook to provide an instrument for exhibition in Europe.Heroes of the Telegraph
"Huntley does not take the exhibition," interrupted Constance.The Channings
Mrs. Henry Wood
I have ten pictures and eight pieces of sculpture on exhibition.
Anyhow, it is of no use worrying about the matter, as the exhibition is now over.
- a public display of art, products, skills, activities, etca judo exhibition
- the act of exhibiting or the state of being exhibited
- make an exhibition of oneself to behave so foolishly in public that one excites notice or ridicule
- British an allowance or scholarship awarded to a student at a university or school
Word Origin and History for exhibition
Idioms and Phrases with exhibition
see make an exhibition of oneself.