[ek-suh-krin, -krahyn, -kreen]Anatomy, Physiology
- secreting to an epithelial surface.
- of or relating to an exocrine gland or its secretion.
- an external secretion.
- exocrine gland.
Origin of exocrine
1910–15; exo- + -crine < Greek krī́nein to separate
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of or relating to exocrine glands or their secretions
- an exocrine gland
C20: exo- + -crine from Greek krinein to separate
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
exocrine(ĕk′sə-krĭn, -krēn, -krīn′)
- Of or relating to a glandular secretion released externally through a duct to a surface.
- Relating to a gland that secretes outwardly through a duct or ducts.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.