- to ship (commodities) to other countries or places for sale, exchange, etc.
- to send or transmit (ideas, institutions, etc.) to another place, especially to another country.
- Computers. to save (documents, data, etc.) in a format usable by another software program.
- to ship commodities to another country for sale, exchange, etc.
- the act of exporting; exportation: the export of coffee.
- something that is exported; an article exported: Coffee is a major export of Colombia.
- of or relating to the exportation of goods or to exportable goods: export duties.
- produced for export: an export beer.
Origin of export
Related Words for exportershopkeeper, trafficker, vendor, trader, broker, seller, operator, shipper, dealer, exporter, retailer, wholesaler, merchant, transporter, carrier, tycoon, businessperson, storekeeper, salesperson, sender
Examples from the Web for exporter
Contemporary Examples of exporter
Far from it, the continent had become a security “exporter,” contributing peacekeeping forces around the world.How the ‘Realists’ Misjudged Ukraine
March 3, 2014
Dan Gross on the rise of the American University as an exporter.Give Me Your Studious: American Universities Are Prolific Exporters
August 22, 2013
Israel has been an exporter of military power for most of its existence.Israel's Shady Arms Deal
June 22, 2010
Historical Examples of exporter
He bids the exporter 4.86-1/2 for his lard bills, and gets the contract.Elements of Foreign Exchange
It is first as an exporter of frozen meat, and second as a shipper of wool.Argentina
W. A. Hirst
Occasionally an exporter is caught and fined; but that does not stop the traffic.Our Vanishing Wild Life
William T. Hornaday
He was a great merchant of the country, a wealthy importer and exporter.Options
The limit in the downward direction to the price of exchange is the last margin of profit to the exporter as such.Principles of Political Economy
Arthur Latham Perry
- (often plural)
- goods (visible exports) or services (invisible exports) sold to a foreign country or countries
- (as modifier)an export licence; export finance
- to sell (goods or services) or ship (goods) to a foreign country or countries
- (tr) to transmit or spread (an idea, social institution, etc) abroad