- the act of presenting a photosensitive surface to rays of light.
- the total amount of light received by a photosensitive surface or an area of such a surface, expressed as the product of the degree of illumination and the period of illumination.
- the image resulting from the effects of light rays on a photosensitive surface.
Origin of exposure
Synonyms for exposure
Antonyms for exposure
Related Words for exposuredisclosure, publicity, risk, vulnerability, hazard, liability, confession, openness, acknowledgment, introduction, revelation, jeopardy, exhibition, presentation, showing, betrayal, manifestation, susceptibility, peril, denunciation
Examples from the Web for exposure
Contemporary Examples of exposure
The exposure and buzz from Short Term have raised her profile considerably.Brie Larson’s Hollywood Transformation
December 29, 2014
She tells clients to open curtains as much as possible to get exposure to natural light right when the body is waking up.9 Ways to Cope With Seasonal Affective Disorder
December 5, 2014
Suspicion of exposure to Ebola, for example, is sufficient to justify mandatory isolation.Are Mandatory Ebola Quarantines Legal?
October 28, 2014
While the commercials gave the pair a once unimaginable level of exposure, they also brought Pomplamoose some blowback.Viral Video Pioneers: How Pomplamoose is Turning YouTube Stardom Into a Sustainable Profession
October 27, 2014
(3) Businesses that ask creative professionals to work in exchange for “exposure” should be publicly named and shamed.Rich People Want You to Work for Free
October 20, 2014
Historical Examples of exposure
But the day was bitterly cold, and the exposure cost him his life.Heroes of the Telegraph
When cold, and after exposure to light, this mixture will become luminous.
The woman's former parade of the Honourable George had been as nothing to this exposure.Ruggles of Red Gap
Harry Leon Wilson
Besides this, the whole thing was well rusted with years of exposure.The Law-Breakers
It was brought on by exposure when he was engaged in an act of charity.Bunyan
James Anthony Froude
- the act of exposing a photographic film or plate to light, X-rays, etc
- an area on a film or plate that has been exposed to light, etc
- (as modifier)exposure control
- the intensity of light falling on a photographic film or plate multiplied by the time for which it is exposed
- a combination of lens aperture and shutter speed used in taking a photographhe used the wrong exposure