- the act of presenting a photosensitive surface to rays of light.
- the total amount of light received by a photosensitive surface or an area of such a surface, expressed as the product of the degree of illumination and the period of illumination.
- the image resulting from the effects of light rays on a photosensitive surface.
DON’T VACILLATE! VANQUISH THIS WORD OF THE DAY QUIZ!
SYNONYMS FOR exposure
OTHER WORDS FROM exposure
Words nearby exposure
Example sentences from the Web for exposure
The exposure and buzz from Short Term have raised her profile considerably.
She tells clients to open curtains as much as possible to get exposure to natural light right when the body is waking up.
Suspicion of exposure to Ebola, for example, is sufficient to justify mandatory isolation.
While the commercials gave the pair a once unimaginable level of exposure, they also brought Pomplamoose some blowback.Viral Video Pioneers: How Pomplamoose is Turning YouTube Stardom Into a Sustainable Profession|Oliver Jones|October 27, 2014|DAILY BEAST
(3) Businesses that ask creative professionals to work in exchange for “exposure” should be publicly named and shamed.
It will be observed that the time of exposure also depends on the thickness of the paper used for the original.
It had come all at once; it was like the exposure of something dreadful by the sudden raising of a veil.Demos|George Gissing
His folly almost invariably meets with an exposure in one way or another.Talkers|John Bate
The time for exposure must entirely depend upon the degree of light.
It must be a sort of lichen; exposure to the sun seems to cure it, and this leads me to take long walks therein.
British Dictionary definitions for exposure
- the act of exposing a photographic film or plate to light, X-rays, etc
- an area on a film or plate that has been exposed to light, etc
- (as modifier)exposure control
- the intensity of light falling on a photographic film or plate multiplied by the time for which it is exposed
- a combination of lens aperture and shutter speed used in taking a photographhe used the wrong exposure