- the act or process of facilitating.
- Physiology. the lowering of resistance in a neural pathway to an impulse, resulting from previous or simultaneous stimulation.
Origin of facilitation
Related Words for facilitationhelp, service, backing, support, benefit, compensation, relief, cooperation, aid, assistance, comfort, reinforcement, hand, collaboration, lift, furtherance, abetment, boost, facilitation, assist
Examples from the Web for facilitation
Contemporary Examples of facilitation
A great benefit of the ubiquity of the Internet in the developed world has been the facilitation of a new age of entrepreneurship.Silicon Valley Sets Its Sights on Africa
December 22, 2014
Historical Examples of facilitation
The importance of mathematical logic seems to be mainly in the facilitation of logical expression through symbols.
The facilitation and abbreviation of mental labor is at the bottom of all mental progress.The Classification of Patents
United States Patent Office
Limitation of transit contracts the city, facilitation expands and disperses it.Anticipations
Herbert George Wells
- the act or process of facilitating
- physiol the increased ease of transmission of impulses in a nerve fibre, caused by prior excitation
- The enhancement or reinforcement of a reflex or other nerve activity by the arrival of other excitatory impulses at the reflex center.