- a test result that is incorrect because the test indicated a condition or finding that does not exist: a false-positive for syphilis.
- a person who receives this test result.
- any screening test result that incorrectly detected or classified a person or thing: A false-positive at the airport could cause you to miss your flight.
- a person or thing identified by such a test.
- pertaining to or being a false-positive: The test has a false-positive rate of 4%.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018