- pertaining to a substance that possesses spontaneous electric polarization such that the polarization can be reversed by an electric field.
- a ferroelectric substance.
Origin of ferroelectric
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (of a substance) exhibiting spontaneous polarization that can be reversed by the application of a suitable electric field
- of or relating to ferroelectric substances
- a ferroelectric substance
- Relating to a typically crystalline dielectric that can be given a permanent electric polarization by application of an electric field.
- A ferroelectric substance.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.