- next after the forty-ninth; being the ordinal number for 50.
- being one of 50 equal parts.
- a fiftieth part, especially of one (1/50).
- the fiftieth member of a series.
Origin of fiftieth
Examples from the Web for fiftieth
Contemporary Examples of fiftieth
Historical Examples of fiftieth
It was at the three hundred and fiftieth mile that Tom had another blow-out.Tom Swift and his Electric Runabout
On the 1st of October 1922, its birthday re-occurs for the fiftieth time.Bremen Cotton Exchange
Andreas Wilhelm Cramer
An old Spanish coin, equal to the fiftieth part of a mark of gold.
He wished, for the fiftieth time, that there were no poor relations.Keziah Coffin
Joseph C. Lincoln
After passing his fiftieth year an individual should abstain from venesection.Old-Time Makers of Medicine
James J. Walsh
- being the ordinal number of fifty in order, position, time, etc. Often written: 50th
- (as noun)the fiftieth in the series
- one of 50 equal or approximately equal parts of something
- (as modifier)a fiftieth part
- the fraction equal to one divided by 50 (1/50)