- places offering luxurious and unrestrained pleasure or amusement: the fleshpots of Las Vegas.
- luxurious and unrestrained living.
- a pot or vessel containing flesh or meat.
Origin of fleshpot
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for fleshpots
The fleshpots of Egypt are still savory to degenerate palates.Patrick Henry
Moses Coit Tyler
We put our hand to the plough, but we turn our heads and look to our Egypt and its fleshpots. 'To Have and To Hold
When we journey out of Egypt again we shall not leave the fleshpots behind.The Jewish State
We are so greedy for the fleshpots of Egypt, that we forget to satisfy the soul hunger.In League with Israel
Annie F. Johnston
It was the children of Israel wailing for the fleshpots of Egypt.Thirty Years' View (Vol. II of 2)
Thomas Hart Benton
- luxurious or self-indulgent living
- places, such as striptease clubs, where bodily desires are gratified or titillated
C16: from the Biblical use as applied to Egypt (Exodus 16:3)
Word Origin and History for fleshpots
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper