Origin of flores
- Juan Jo·sé [hwahn haw-se] /ʰwɑn hɔˈsɛ/, 1800–64, Ecuadorian general and statesman: president 1830–35, 1839–45.
- one of the Lesser Sunda Islands in Indonesia, separated from Sulawesi by the Flores Sea. 7753 sq. mi. (20,080 sq. km).
- the westernmost island of the Azores, in the N Atlantic. 55 sq. mi. (142 sq. km).
Examples from the Web for flores
Contemporary Examples of flores
Like many young girls, Flores used to idealize a thinner body.Penthouse Forum’s Kelly Shibari and the Rise of Plus-Size Porn Stars
May 3, 2014
Pulling me away from the crowd at the VFW, Flores said, “We suffered, we lost men, we bled that day.”Black Hawk Down’s Long Shadow
October 9, 2013
He was also ordered to pay the Flores family around $75,000 in damages.Wedding Bells for Natalie Holloway Suspect Joran van der Sloot
Barbie Latza Nadeau
May 31, 2013
Navarro worries that may mean the politically powerful Flores family will mete out their own brand of justice.Could an Insanity Plea Free Joran van der Sloot?
Barbie Latza Nadeau
March 8, 2011
The case was circumstantial, he maintained; no DNA linked Forde directly to the Flores trailer.Minuteman Murderer, Shawna Forde, Speaks
Terry Greene Sterling
February 15, 2011
Historical Examples of flores
Flores, eager to do anything for the Priest, agreed to guide them.
Flores followed her into the mountains among which they had both grown.
He looked at Jo who had become as silent as ever the wife of Flores was.
In passing the island of Flores, a most tremendous storm arose.Voyage of H.M.S. Pandora
Not even the men who have found the African coast and the isle of Flores?Historic Boyhoods
Rupert Sargent Holland
- an island in Indonesia, one of the Lesser Sunda Islands, between the Flores Sea and the Savu Sea: mountainous, with active volcanoes and unexplored forests. Chief town: Ende. Area: 17 150 sq km (6622 sq miles)
- (Portuguese ˈflorɪʃ) an island in the Atlantic, the westernmost of the Azores. Chief town: Santa Cruz. Area: 142 sq km (55 sq miles)