- fluttering or streaming in the wind; windblown: flyaway hair.
- flighty; frivolous; giddy.
- ready for flight: flyaway aircraft.
Origin of flyaway
Examples from the Web for flyaway
Historical Examples of flyaway
I shall take the Flyaway back to Portsmouth harbor as soon as I can get there.
At this time Paul put the Flyaway about, and laid her course due west.
Friday came, and the officers and crew of the Flyaway were all on board.
On the Flyaway this rope ran through a double block, or tackle.
"We think of going on a cruise in the Flyaway," said Thomas.
- (of hair or clothing) loose and fluttering
- frivolous or flighty; giddy
- a person who is frivolous or flighty