- Electronics. frequency modulation: a method of impressing a signal on a radio carrier wave by varying the frequency of the carrier wave.
- Radio. a system of radio broadcasting by means of frequency modulation.
- of, relating to, or utilizing such a system.
- (in prescriptions) make a mixture.
Origin of f.m.
Examples from the Web for fm
Contemporary Examples of fm
“He told us we were going to be the savior of FM radio,” said John Normand.The Godfather of Right-Wing Radio
November 23, 2014
The rebel official insisted on radio Kommersant FM that the Malaysian plane was “brought down by Ukrainian missile systems.”
The “black box” from the airplane traveled to Moscow “for investigation,” Russian radio station Kommersant FM reported.
United Nations reports suggest that FM radio also was used to encourage young men to rape women from other ethnic groups.Before There’s a Genocide: The Slaughter in South Sudan Must Stop
Justine Fleischner, John Prendergast
April 23, 2014
It became known as Mullah FM and Fazlullah as the Radio Mullah.Who Is Fazlullah? The Pakistani Mullah Who Targeted Malala
November 9, 2013
Historical Examples of fm
Each sex produces two sorts of gametes, Mf and mf in the case of the male, and Fm, fm in that of the female.Mendelism
Reginald Crundall Punnett
The FM stations operate exclusively in the very high frequency range and are all moderately powered at four kilowatts.Area Handbook for Romania
Eugene K. Keefe, Donald W. Bernier, Lyle E. Brenneman, William Giloane, James M. Moore, and Neda A. Walpole
- frequency modulation
- Field Marshal
- aeronautics figure of merit
- The symbol for the elementfermium
- The symbol for fermium.
- Abbreviation of frequency modulation
- A synthetic, radioactive metallic element of the actinide series that is produced from plutonium or uranium. Its most stable isotope is Fm 257 with a half-life of approximately 100 days. Atomic number 100. See Periodic Table.