- coming forth, or about to come forth; about to appear; approaching in time: the forthcoming concert.
- ready or available when required or expected: He assured us that payment would be forthcoming.
- frank and cooperative; candid: In his testimony, the senator could have been more forthcoming.
- friendly and outgoing; sociable.
Origin of forthcoming
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- approaching in timethe forthcoming debate
- about to appearhis forthcoming book
- available or readythe money wasn't forthcoming
- open or sociable
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper