- involving four hands or players, as a game at cards: Bridge is usually a four-handed game.
- intended for four hands, as a piece of music for the piano.
- having four hands, or four feet adapted for use as hands; quadrumanous.
Origin of four-handed
Examples from the Web for four-handed
Historical Examples of four-handed
We shot a good deal of game—quadruped, four-handed, and feathered.On the Banks of the Amazon
So they went and made a four-handed game with two of the girls.Dr. Jolliffe's Boys
We are going over to the Lewinsohns for four-handed rummy and then a rarebit.Local Color
Irvin S. Cobb
They've started a four-handed game of pool in the billiard room.The Zeppelin's Passenger
E. Phillips Oppenheim
Julia performed some four-handed pieces on the piano with her mother.Led Astray and The Sphinx
- (of a card game) arranged for four players
- (of a musical composition) written for two performers at the same piano