- James Earle,1876–1953, U.S. sculptor.
- (John) Malcolm,1930–2015, Australian political leader: prime minister 1975–83.
- Peter,1884–1950, New Zealand statesman, born in Scotland: prime minister 1940–49.
- Simon,1776–1862, Canadian explorer and fur trader, born in the U.S.
- a river in SW Canada, flowing S through British Columbia to the Pacific. 695 miles (1119 km) long.
- a town in SE Michigan.
- a male given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for fraser
And for Jennifer Adams, sleeping apart from her husband, Fraser Mackay, is also the key to their happy marriage.
“Fraser and I talk to each other across the hall from our beds,” she says.
Now Jennifer Adams and Fraser Mackay face a challenge: a two-week holiday in Cambodia and Vietnam.
Those tickets are now being refunded after Fraser Agnew, the mayor of Newtownabbey sided with his fellow Unionists.Irish Town Shuts Down ‘Blasphemous’ Play
January 25, 2014
Fraser argued that the union had harassed him in breach of equality laws due to its handling of the Israel-Palestine debate.Hawking’s Israel Boycott In Its UK Context
May 9, 2013
Mr. Fraser then said, "In the name of heaven, where did you come from, Edward!"Ned Myers
James Fenimore Cooper
Two days later we pulled in at Rigolet and were greeted by my friend Fraser.The Long Labrador Trail
Five years before Fraser had suddenly burst on the world of science.
Fraser was incarcerated in a quiet, very private asylum, and that was all.
Brice bowed quietly; and his eyes, serene and blue, met Fraser's fairly.
- a river in SW Canada, in S central British Columbia, flowing northwest, south, and west through spectacular canyons in the Coast Mountains to the Strait of Georgia. Length: 1370 km (850 miles)
- (John) Malcolm . born 1930, Australian statesman; prime minister of Australia (1975–83)
- Peter . 1884–1950, New Zealand statesman, born in Scotland; prime minister (1940–49)
- Simon . (1776–1862), Canadian explorer: explored British Columbia and the river which was named after him
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012