- to flash or dart like lightning.
- Medicine/Medical. to destroy (especially an abnormal growth) by electricity.
Origin of fulgurate
Examples from the Web for fulguration
Historical Examples of fulguration
We have seen in the preceding chapter that fulguration often leaves no particular sign on men who are struck.Thunder and Lightning
The phenomenon of their total disappearance is called the lightning, or fulguration.
Fulguration for the destruction of growths is obtained by employing a pointed metal electrode.Surgery, with Special Reference to Podiatry
- surgery destruction of tissue by means of high-frequency (more than 10 000 per second) electric sparks
- (intr) rare to flash like lightning
Word Origin for fulgurate
- The destruction of tissue, usually malignant tumors, by means of a high-frequency electric current applied with a needlelike electrode.