- a Kwa language of Ghana, spoken in Accra and vicinity.
- Gamblers Anonymous.
- General American.
- general of the army.
- Georgia (approved especially for use with zip code).
- General Agent.
- General Assembly.
- Also g.a., G/A Insurance. general average.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for ga
A vote at the GA or at the Security Council could take weeks.Arafat Aide: Stop the U.N. Vote
September 21, 2011
Ye're ane o' the tender Gordons—you daurna be hang'd for ga' in your neck.The Proverbs of Scotland
What gart ye be at that expense, whan ye kent I had a bed i' the ga'le-room?'Robert Falconer
Ga advised the gods to call in the Kyklopes and Hekatoncheires.A Manual of the Historical Development of Art
G. G. (Gustavus George) Zerffi
The word "gars" pronounced "ga" is a relic of the Celtic language.The Chouans
Honore de Balzac
Ga, in the sense of “by,” is much used, and corresponds to a kind of oath.The Mafulu
Robert W. Williamson
- plural Ga, Gas, Gã or Gãs a member of a Negroid people of W Africa living chiefly in S Ghana
- the language of this people, belonging to the Kwa branch of the Niger-Congo family
- General Assembly (of the United Nations)
- general average
- The symbol for the elementgallium
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- The symbol for gallium.
- A rare, silvery metallic element that is found as a trace element in coal, in bauxite, and in several minerals. It is liquid near room temperature and expands when it solidifies. It is used in thermometers and semiconductors. Atomic number 31; atomic weight 69.72; melting point 29.78°C; boiling point 2,403°C; specific gravity 5.907; valence 2, 3. See Periodic Table.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.