- Slang. something that is extraordinarily pleasing or successful, especially a very funny joke.
- a person or thing that gasses.
Origin of gasser
- Herbert Spencer,1888–1963, U.S. physiologist: Nobel Prize in Medicine 1944.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for gassertroublesome, perplexing, problematic, hard, arduous, fancy, sophisticated, convoluted, intricate, knotty, difficult, provocative, fascinating, humorous, enjoyable, lively, diverting, funny, inspiring, thrilling
- a drilling or well that yields natural gas
- Herbert Spencer. 1888–1963, US physiologist: shared a Nobel prize for physiology or medicine (1944) with Erlanger for work on electrical signs of nervous activity
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
[găs′ər]Herbert Spencer 1888-1963
- American physiologist. He shared a 1944 Nobel Prize for research on the functions of nerve fibers.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.