- having the nature of or resembling jelly, especially in consistency; jellylike.
- pertaining to, containing, or consisting of gelatin.
Origin of gelatinous
Related Words for gelatinousgummy, pudding, sticky, thick, viscous, glutinous, mucilaginous, viscid, gluey, jellied
Examples from the Web for gelatinous
Contemporary Examples of gelatinous
It somewhat resembled meat and was drowned in a gelatinous brown goop meant to approximate gravy.The Weirdest Food Trend Ever
July 15, 2010
Historical Examples of gelatinous
Some was liquid and some gelatinous, and some firm like bread or biscuit.City of Endless Night
If some of the gelatinous parts of meat be added, the broth is then of a rich and nutritious quality, and can be made very cheap.
The whole plant is gelatinous, with the exception, occasionally, of the nucleus.The Mushroom, Edible and Otherwise
M. E. Hard
You will not find one mention of the part that treats of gelatinous matter.The Book of the Damned
Such is the condition of the most gelatinous organized bodies.Lamarck, the Founder of Evolution
Alpheus Spring Packard
- consisting of or resembling jelly; viscous
- of, containing, or resembling gelatine
- Of, relating to, or containing gelatin.
- Resembling gelatin; viscous.