- the earth's magnetic field and associated phenomena.
- the branch of geophysics that studies such phenomena.
Origin of geomagnetism
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the magnetic field of the earth
- the branch of physics concerned with this
- The magnetic properties of the Earth and its atmosphere.
- The study of these properties.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.