- containing the glyceryl group.
Origin of glyceryl
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for glyceryl
Stearine, a constituent of tallow, is a compound of glyceryl and stearic acid.Artificial Light
- (modifier) derived from glycerol by replacing or removing one or more of its hydroxyl groupsa glyceryl group or radical
- A trivalent radical obtained from glycerol by the removal of hydroxyl groups.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- The radical CH2CH(OH)CH2OH, obtained from glycerol by removing one hydroxyl (OH) group.
- The radical CH2CHCH2, obtained from glycerol by removing all three hydroxyl (OH) groups. This radical is a component of many natural oils and fats.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.