- the particular group of persons forming the cabinet at any given time: The prime minister has formed a new government.
- the parliament along with the cabinet: The government has fallen.
Origin of government
Examples from the Web for governmental
You need to build the system and run the sport as a governmental responsibility.Putin’s Hockey Pal Tells All: Slava Fetisov on ‘Red Army,’ Soviet Nostalgia, and What Drives Putin|Marlow Stern|October 9, 2014|DAILY BEAST
It will also take a concerted effort by Muslim, governmental, and other community leaders working together to counter extremism.
There had been British governmental discussions that the islands could be leased back to Argentina.The Never-Ending Falklands War: In Buenos Aires, A Museum's Selective History|Michael Luongo|August 30, 2014|DAILY BEAST
The emphasis on freshness and simplicity laid forth by the governmental guidelines is in line with his cooking ethos.Meet the Chef Fighting to Ensure That Brazilians Will Never Be as Fat as Americans|Brandon Presser|June 25, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Because without both money and governmental will, we could be in for a long, hot summer.The Ebola Outbreak in West Africa Is Just Getting Worse|Kent Sepkowitz|June 23, 2014|DAILY BEAST
As parts of a governmental organic series, this fact of localization was highly necessary.
The greatest incentive in modern times to the production of inventions is governmental protection.Inventions in the Century|William Henry Doolittle
Little, if at all, inferior in importance to governmental publications, are the fruits of private research.The Rise of the Hugenots, Vol. 1 (of 2)|Henry Martyn Baird
It contains a well-devised Bill of Rights, and makes all necessary provision for governmental organization and conduct.Cuba, Old and New|Albert Gardner Robinson
These special circumstances are mentioned to show the peculiar character of their social and governmental life.
British Dictionary definitions for governmental
- the executive policy-making body of a political unit, community, etc; ministry or administrationyesterday we got a new government
- (capital when of a specific country)the British Government
- the state and its administrationblame it on the government
- (as modifier)a government agency