- a medieval kingdom along the Mediterranean coast of S Spain.
- a city in S Spain: the capital of this former kingdom and last stronghold of the Moors in Spain; site of the Alhambra.
- a city in SW Nicaragua, near Lake Nicaragua.
Examples from the Web for granada
Historical Examples of granada
There are no horses on this beach, and we cannot walk to Granada in our state.
"I am a merchant, with friends of my own at Granada," answered Castell.
That was a very pretty trick that I played on the most noble marquis at Granada.
As for the marquis, he fell ill, and after the taking of Granada went to live there quietly.
This fame soon lifted him, in Granada, high in the councils of the court.Leila, Complete
- a former kingdom of S Spain, in Andalusia: founded in the 13th century and divided in 1833 into the present-day provinces of Granada, Almería, and Málaga
- a city in S Spain, in Andalusia: capital of the Moorish kingdom of Granada from 1238 to 1492 and a great commercial and cultural centre, containing the Alhambra palace (13th and 14th centuries); university (1531). Pop: 237 663 (2003 est)
- a city in SW Nicaragua, on the NW shore of Lake Nicaragua: the oldest city in the country, founded in 1523 by Córdoba; attacked frequently by pirates in the 17th century. Pop: 95 000 (2005 est)
City in southeastern Spain.