- (George) Huntington, 2nd,1911–2008, U.S. businessman and patron of the arts.
- a port in and the capital of Connecticut, in the central part, on the Connecticut River.
- a state in the NE United States. 5009 sq. mi. (12,975 sq. km). Capital: Hartford. Abbreviation: Conn., Ct., CT (for use with zip code).
- a river flowing S from N New Hampshire along the boundary between New Hampshire and Vermont and then through Massachusetts and Connecticut into Long Island Sound. 407 miles (655 km) long.
Examples from the Web for hartford
Contemporary Examples of hartford
Last year, Chappelle spent an evening on the Oddball Comedy Tour in Hartford, Conn., being heckled and booed off stage.Dave Chappelle’s Triumphant Return to New York City
June 19, 2014
During a performance in Hartford, Connecticut, the tent became engulfed in flames.Thrills and Too Many Spills: The Dangers of the Circus
May 5, 2014
Wind chills will plummet to around -20ºF on Friday for Hartford, Providence, and western Massachusetts.36 Hours of Frozen Fury
January 2, 2014
Dave Chapelle stops a show in Hartford, Connecticut, due to hecklers and walks off the stage.Alec Baldwin to Host MSNBC Talk Show, Demi Lovato Will Play a Lesbian on ‘Glee’
September 5, 2013
She was a ballet dancer, modeled for Maxim, and was an actress who took acting classes at the University of Hartford.'Bachelor' Contestant Gia Allemand Dies at Age 29 After a 'Serious Medical Event'
August 14, 2013
Historical Examples of hartford
Two days later I was at Hartford, and the same whale was there.My Double Life
He returned to Hartford to look after the progress of his book.
A second unusual incident of that summer occurred in Hartford.
Clemens heard the tale of them when he returned to Hartford.
He is a member of my church at Hartford, and the author of 'Beautiful Snow.'
- a port in central Connecticut, on the Connecticut River: the state capital. Pop: 124 387 (2003 est)
- a state of the northeastern US, in New England. Capital: Hartford. Pop: 3 483 372 (2003 est). Area: 12 973 sq km (5009 sq miles)Abbreviation: Conn., (with zip code) CT
- a river in the northeastern US, rising in N New Hampshire and flowing south to Long Island Sound. Length: 651 km (407 miles)
Word Origin and History for hartford
U.S. state, originally the name of the river, said to be from Mohican (Algonquian) quinnitukqut "at the long tidal river," from *kwen- "long" + *-ehtekw "tidal river" + *-enk "place."
Capital of Connecticut.