- a maker or seller of hats.
Origin of hatter1
- a person who has become eccentric from living alone in a remote area.
- a person who lives alone in the bush, as a herder or prospector.
Origin of hatter2
Examples from the Web for hatter
Historical Examples of hatter
The only thing that vexed them was to meet their fathers, especially when the hatter had been drinking.
It was during the early days of June that the hatter moved in.
He was to set me up as a laundress, and work himself at his trade of a hatter.
The family did not understand why she continued to bear a grudge against the hatter.
"We can talk about it some other time," the hatter hastened to put in.
- a person who makes and sells hats
- mad as a hatter crazily eccentric
Word Origin and History for hatter
Idioms and Phrases with hatter
see mad as a hatter.